Wednesday, November 11, 2009

trilogy.

my husband is an avid switchfoot listener. their new album released yesterday. so you better believe that as soon as we got off of work yesterday, we hit up HMV and bought it. he was so excited.

we decided to take the long way home [nixed the highway, opted for downtown] and of course our ears were filled with the newest sounds of switchfoot.

i've never been a HUGE switchfoot fan but i do appreciate their music, their lyrics. one of their songs on the new album is called 'your love is a song'...i highly recommend you listen to it. you can find it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af-iOOWsK3s

i just watched a snippet of a video on youtube that explained this song. jon foreman explained that this song is the third part of a trilogy. the first song was let your love be strong. the second song was your love is strong and now there is this song, your love is a song. he said it's about the concept of grace that he just can't get through his thick skull. you're not alone jon, you're not alone.

" "oh your love is a symphony, all around me, running through me your love is a melody, underneath me, running to me" "

on this journey i'm on to memorize 1 john in it's entirety, these lyrics are an encouragement to me. this Love is enough. this Love is enough. this Love is enough. his words are more than worthy to be memorized and put into practice. His love over me a sweet and beautiful song. And His grace is sufficient. [and dear Lord, i will need your grace to memorize these holy words in 1 john. in your grace, expand my ability to learn them...both in my head as well as my actions]


[today we painted our own christmas decorations]

it's 9:03pm. our day is done. we're turning in for the night.
goodnight moon.

julie

1 comment: